Quiche Lorraine is a classic French dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is a savory tart made with eggs, cream, cheese, and bacon. The dish originated in the Lorraine region of France, hence the name “Quiche Lorraine.” Today, it is a popular dish worldwide and can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In this article, we will provide you with a traditional Quiche Lorraine recipe that is sure to impress.
Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of shredded Gruyere cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until it is crispy. Then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Once it has cooled, chop it into small pieces.
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Trim the edges and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Place the chopped bacon on top of the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded Gruyere cheese over the bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, whole milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and cheese in the pie crust.
- Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let the quiche cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- You can use a store-bought pie crust or make your own. If you’re making your own, be sure to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out.
- Be sure to cook the bacon until it is crispy. This will give the quiche a nice texture and flavor.
- Gruyere cheese is traditional for Quiche Lorraine, but you can also use other types of cheese such as cheddar or Swiss.
- The nutmeg is optional, but it adds a nice subtle flavor to the quiche.
- If you’re serving the quiche for breakfast or brunch, you can add chopped chives or green onions on top for a pop of color and flavor.
Quiche Lorraine is a versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways. It can be enjoyed hot or cold and can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. It’s a perfect dish to make ahead of time and can be reheated easily. It’s also a great dish to bring to potlucks or brunches.
Also Read: Refreshing and Healthy Cucumber Salad Recipe
In conclusion, Quiche Lorraine is a classic French dish that is easy to make and delicious. With a few simple ingredients, you can create a savory tart that will impress your family and friends. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the flavors of France in your own home.