If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make Thai curry recipe, look no further than Panang Curry. This aromatic and spicy curry is a popular dish in Thai cuisine and is enjoyed by food lovers all over the world. In this article, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to make an authentic Panang Curry at home.
Panang Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs of chicken breast or thigh (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of Panang Curry paste
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup of Thai basil leaves
- In a large saucepan or wok, heat up the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the Panang Curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry until it is cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, brown sugar, and fish sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the curry to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the roasted peanuts and Thai basil leaves to the curry. Stir well to combine.
- Serve the Panang Curry with steamed rice and garnish with additional Thai basil leaves if desired.
Tips for Making Perfect Panang Curry:
- Use high-quality Panang Curry paste. Look for brands that use fresh ingredients and avoid ones that contain preservatives.
- Use coconut milk that is thick and creamy. This will give the curry a rich and silky texture.
- Cook the chicken until it is fully cooked through. Undercooked chicken can be dangerous to consume.
- Adjust the spiciness level of the curry by adding more or less curry paste. Taste the curry as you go and adjust the spiciness level to your liking.
- Don’t skimp on the garnishes. The roasted peanuts and Thai basil leaves add a nice crunch and fresh flavor to the curry.
Also Read: French Onion Soup: A Classic Recipe
Panang Curry is a delicious and easy-to-make Thai curry that can be enjoyed by everyone. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can make an authentic Panang Curry at home that is sure to impress your friends and family. So, next time you’re in the mood for some spicy and aromatic Thai food, give this recipe a try and enjoy the flavors of Thailand from the comfort of your own home.