Sourdough bread is a staple in many households and a delicious addition to any meal. While it may seem intimidating to make, the process is actually quite simple with a little patience and the right ingredients. This recipe is perfect for those new to sourdough baking and for those who want to enjoy a fresh loaf of bread made from scratch.
Sourdough Bread Recipe
- 200g mature sourdough starter
- 300g water
- 500g bread flour
- 10g salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sourdough starter, water, and bread flour until a shaggy dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes to allow the flour to hydrate.
- After 30 minutes, add the salt to the dough and knead for 10 minutes. The dough should be stretchy and slightly sticky.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 8-12 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Place a Dutch oven or a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven to preheat as well.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and shape it into a ball.
- Place the dough into the preheated Dutch oven and cover it with the lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on, then remove the lid and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Enjoy your delicious, crusty sourdough bread! The sourdough starter can be fed and used for multiple batches of bread, so be sure to store it in the refrigerator between uses.
Explore more RECIPES here
Sourdough bread is a wonderful addition to any meal, and with this easy recipe, you can enjoy it anytime. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this step-by-step guide will have you enjoying a warm, crusty loaf of bread in no time.