No matter what the occasion is, potato salad is the perfect side dish to bring to a potluck or to a backyard barbecue. In addition to being delicious, this potato salad recipe is simple to prepare and packed with flavor.
Easy Potato Salad Recipe
To begin with, let’s talk about the ingredients that you will need in order to be able to make this recipe.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To begin with, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until they are tender, but not mushy. You should be able to complete this process in about 15-20 minutes.
- As the potatoes are cooking, you can prepare the dressing. Using a whisk, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them and set them aside to cool for a few minutes. After that, place them in a large mixing bowl.
- You can add the chopped celery, red onion, parsley, and dill to the bowl with the potatoes.
- The dressing should be poured over the potatoes, toss everything together to make sure the potatoes are well covered, and enjoy.
- If necessary, add salt and pepper to the salad if it does not taste right, taste it again and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- After the potato salad has been prepared, cover it with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. By doing so, it will be possible for the flavors to meld into each other and produce a dish that is even more delicious.
Recipe for Potato Salad
As well as being incredibly easy to make, this potato salad recipe is also incredibly delicious. I’m sure you’ll love it. The combination of creamy mayonnaise, tangy Dijon mustard, and flavorful herbs creates a potato salad that is sure to wow the crowd at your next gathering.
In terms of the way in which you can serve this potato salad, there are many different ways in which you can do so. This is not only a great side dish to bring to a backyard barbecue or picnic, but also a great addition to any potluck or dinner party you might be planning. It is also suitable for serving on its own as a light lunch or dinner.
Then why not give this delicious potato salad recipe a try and see how it turns out? It is a lot easier to prepare than it sounds, has a lot of flavor, and will surely be a hit with anyone who tries it.