Quiche is a classic French dish that is enjoyed around the world for its creamy, custard-like filling and buttery crust. However, many people prefer to skip the crust, either for health reasons or because they find it too time-consuming to make. Fortunately, there is a delicious solution: crustless quiche.
Crustless quiche is easy to make and just as satisfying as its traditional counterpart. It’s also a great option for those who are following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. In this article, we’ll provide you with a basic recipe for a crustless quiche that you can customize to your liking.
Crustless Quiche Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (or cream)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or gruyere)
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham (or other meat or vegetables of your choice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: herbs, spices, or other seasonings of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) pie dish or quiche pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk (or cream) until well combined.
- Stir in the grated cheese, diced ham (or other fillings), salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings you like. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish or quiche pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the quiche is set and lightly golden on top. To check if it’s done, insert a knife into the center of the quiche. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Variations:
- For a richer quiche, use half-and-half or heavy cream instead of milk.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, meat, and vegetables. Some delicious combinations include spinach and feta, bacon and cheddar, or mushroom and swiss.
- If you’re using raw vegetables, sauté them in a little oil or butter until they’re tender before adding them to the quiche.
- To make mini crustless quiches, divide the mixture between 12 muffin cups instead of a pie dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to eat. It’s a great option for meal prep or a quick breakfast on busy mornings.
Crustless quiche is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. It’s also a great way to use up leftover ingredients in your fridge. By following this simple recipe, you can create a delicious, healthy, and customizable meal that everyone will love. So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!