Chicken casserole is a comfort food that can be prepared quickly and easily. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy Sundays when you want to whip up something delicious without spending too much time in the kitchen. Here’s an easy chicken casserole recipe that you can make in no time.
Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried basil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken pieces over medium heat until they are no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked egg noodles and chicken to the bowl with the soup mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe
This easy chicken casserole recipe is perfect for those who are short on time but still want a delicious and hearty meal. The combination of creamy soups, tender chicken, and cheesy noodles makes this casserole a crowd-pleaser. Here are some tips to make this recipe even easier:
- If you’re short on time, you can use rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own chicken breasts.
- You can also use different types of cheese instead of cheddar cheese. Monterey Jack or Colby Jack would be delicious options.
- If you’re not a fan of egg noodles, you can use any type of pasta that you have on hand. Penne or rotini would work well in this recipe.
This chicken casserole is also a great recipe to make ahead of time. You can assemble the casserole the night before and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it. Just remember to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the casserole is cold from the refrigerator.
In conclusion, this easy chicken casserole recipe is a delicious and comforting meal that can be made in no time. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a hearty casserole that the whole family will love. Whether you’re short on time or just want an easy meal, this chicken casserole is sure to please. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and easy it is to make.