Are your feet in need of some pampering? Going to a salon for a pedicure can be expensive and time-consuming, but with a little effort, you can give yourself a professional-looking pedicure at home.
How to do a pedicure at home
Follow these steps to get started:
- Remove old nail polish: Use a non-acetone nail polish remover to remove any old polish from your toenails.
- Soak your feet: Fill a basin with warm water and add Epsom salts or a foot soak. Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes to soften the skin.
- Exfoliate: Use a foot scrub or pumice stone to gently exfoliate the skin on your feet and heels.
- Trim and shape your nails: Use nail clippers to trim your nails straight across and file them to your desired shape.
- Push-back cuticles: Use a cuticle pusher to gently push back your cuticles. Do not cut your cuticles, as this can lead to infection.
- Moisturize: Apply a moisturizing lotion or oil to your feet and massage it in thoroughly.
- Paint your toenails: Apply a base coat, followed by your desired nail polish color, and finish with a top coat.
With these simple steps, you can achieve a perfectly polished pedicure at home. Remember to take your time and be patient, and you’ll soon have beautiful, summer-ready feet.