Cucumber salad is a healthy and refreshing side dish that goes well with almost any main course. It’s light, crisp, and packed with nutrients. The salad is easy to make and requires just a few ingredients. In this article, we’ll share with you a simple and delicious cucumber salad recipe that you can make in just a few minutes.
Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by washing the cucumbers and slicing them into thin rounds. You can use a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife for this step.
- Next, slice the red onion into thin slices. If you don’t like the taste of raw onion, you can soak the slices in cold water for 5-10 minutes to mellow out the flavor.
- In a small bowl, mix together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber slices, red onion slices, and chopped fresh dill.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the salad immediately or chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
This recipe makes enough salad for 4 servings, but you can easily double or triple the recipe if you’re feeding a crowd. The salad can also be easily customized to your liking. For example, you can add some cherry tomatoes or sliced bell peppers for extra color and flavor. You can also use different types of vinegar, such as apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar, to give the salad a different twist.
Cucumbers are a great addition to any healthy diet. They are low in calories and high in water content, making them a perfect food for weight loss. They are also rich in antioxidants, which help protect your body against free radical damage. In addition, cucumbers are a good source of vitamin K, which is important for bone health, and vitamin C, which supports your immune system.
Dill is another ingredient in this recipe that is packed with health benefits. It’s a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and iron. It also contains compounds that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
In summary, cucumber salad is a healthy, refreshing, and easy-to-make side dish that you can enjoy all year round. This recipe is a great way to add some extra nutrition to your diet, and it’s perfect for those hot summer days when you want something light and refreshing. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!