Chocolate chip muffins are a delicious treat that is perfect for breakfast or a mid-day snack. Here is a simple and easy-to-follow recipe for making your own chocolate chip muffins at home.
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon or a cookie scoop to fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are best served warm and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- If you prefer a more indulgent muffin, you can use dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet.
- You can also add chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to the batter for added texture and flavor.
- For a healthier twist, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and replace the granulated sugar with honey or maple syrup.
In conclusion, making chocolate chip muffins at home is easy and can be customized to your liking. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy warm, fluffy, and chocolatey muffins in no time.