Desserts like carrot cake are popular among many people. This cake is moist, sweet, and has a wonderful texture that is hard to resist. Carrot cake recipes should be easy to follow, utilize simple ingredients, and produce moist, flavorful cakes. Throughout this article, we will share with you a tried-and-true carrot cake recipe.
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Moist Carrot Cake Recipe:
- The oven should be preheated to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or one 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Sugar, oil, and eggs should be whisked together in a large bowl until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts (if using).
- Prepare the cake pans by pouring the batter evenly into them.
- For best results, bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Before removing the cakes from the pans and placing them on wire racks to cool completely, let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- The cream cheese frosting is made by beating butter and cream cheese until they are smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth and creamy.
- After the cakes have cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting between layers and on top.
- Optional: Sprinkle walnuts on top of the cake.
Enjoy your delicious homemade carrot cake!
Best Carrot Cake Ever: Tips
- To ensure the best flavor and texture, use freshly grated carrots.
- Raisins and coconut can also be added to the cake batter for added texture and flavor.
- The cream cheese frosting recipe can be adjusted to include less powdered sugar if you prefer a lighter frosting.
- The cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days in an airtight container.