Fried chicken is a classic comfort food that everyone loves. While buttermilk is a popular ingredient in many fried chicken recipes, it’s not always readily available or suitable for everyone. But fear not, as there’s a delicious and easy fried chicken recipe that doesn’t require buttermilk.
Best Fried Chicken Recipe Without Buttermilk
Here’s how to make the best fried chicken without buttermilk.
Fried Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 lbs chicken (preferably thighs or drumsticks)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
Fried Chicken Recipe:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using). Mix well until all the spices are evenly distributed.
- Pour the milk into another bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Take one piece of chicken and dip it into the milk, then coat it with the seasoned flour mixture. Make sure it’s fully coated on all sides.
- Gently place the coated chicken into the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the chicken for about 12-15 minutes, or until it’s golden brown and crispy. Flip the chicken occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat the process with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Serve the fried chicken hot and enjoy!
- To make the chicken even more flavorful, you can marinate it in a mixture of buttermilk and spices for a few hours before breading and frying it.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan while frying as it can lower the temperature of the oil and make the chicken less crispy.
- To check if the chicken is cooked, cut it into the thickest part and make sure the juices run clear.
This fried chicken recipe without buttermilk is easy, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. The combination of spices in the seasoned flour mixture gives the chicken a crispy and flavorful coating, while the milk helps keep the chicken moist and juicy on the inside. Serve it with your favorite sides like mashed potatoes, coleslaw, or cornbread for a complete meal.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a mouth-watering fried chicken recipe without buttermilk, give this recipe a try. It’s easy to make, delicious, and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.