Easter is full of joy, love, and delicious food. Easter bread, also known as sweet bread or brioche, is one of the most popular treats at Easter. Often decorated with colorful Easter eggs or topped with powdered sugar, it’s a soft, sweet, and slightly yeasty bread. Here’s an easy, delicious Easter bread recipe you can make at home. This article will show you how to make Easter bread your family and friends will love.
Easter Bread Recipe
Easter Bread Ingredients
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup of warm milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Optional decorations: colored Easter eggs, powdered sugar
Sweet Braided Easter Bread Recipe
- Combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Be sure to mix well.
- Combine melted butter, warm milk, beaten eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom in a separate bowl. You’ve got to whisk it well.
- Make a sticky dough by mixing the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Then turn it out onto a floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large bowl that’s been greased with oil or butter. Make sure it’s covered with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it in three.
- Make long ropes from each part, and braid them together. Grasp the ends and tuck them under the braid.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, place the braided dough. Put a clean kitchen towel on top and let it rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make sure the bread’s top is egg washed.
- Use colored Easter eggs for decorations. Gently push them into the dough.
- The bread should be golden brown and the internal temperature should be 190°F (88°C).
- Cool the bread on a wire rack. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Make your own Easter bread and share it with your family and friends!
Braided Easter Bread
It’s easy to make Easter bread at home, and it adds a personal touch to your celebration. This recipe is easy, delicious, and perfect for family and friends. With these step-by-step instructions, you’ll make a delicious Easter bread everyone will love. Have a great Easter!